BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Road to the Baby Boo...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, April 26, 2010

T minus 3 days 'til I lose wisdom...

I get my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday morning...it turns my stomach just thinking about it.  I've had two foot surgeries, a "female" surgery, a broken leg, herniated disks in my neck, and more shoulder injuries than I care to count, but somehow this wisdom tooth thing is REALLY throwing me for a loop.  Big damn baby... Tooth and eye stuff just really skeeve me out, so the thought of my mouth cranked open while someone rips my teeth out is almost too much.  B says "stop thinking about it"...um yeah...sure babe!  All four of my wisdom teeth have grown in pretty straight, but two of them have cavities, one is apparently pretty bad, so they recommended just having the teeth removed instead of attempting fillings.  B tells me it's not going to be as bad as I'm bracing for, but I'm terrified of two main things, #1 waking up in the middle of the surgery and #2 developing "dry socket".  I worry about #1 because it happened to me during my "female surgery"....I woke up while they were doing some stitches....not cool.  Logically I know everything will be OK, that I'm lucky I don't have any impacted wisdom teeth, and I can avoid "dry socket" by following the rules and chomping down on wet tea bags, but it's still scary.... Please keep your fingers crossed for me in Blogland!!  Hope everyone is having a good week!  :)

4 comments:

Carey said...

You will be fine!! Rest and relax this weekend!! It was so good to see you Sunday :)

Nicole said...

Good luck with the wisdom teeth. I had all four of mine out at once and it really wasn't bad. Just don't take too much ibuprofen on an empty stomach like I did. That was the worst part!

Chris said...

Don't worry, it will be fine. Getting them out sucks for a few days, but its so worth it! Mine came in sideways, and were causing all kinds of issues. Having them out was the best thing I could have done. Very much worth a few days of discomfort. Just sleep it off, and before you know it you'll be back to normal... but better! :)

2 Chicks 1 Hatchling said...

I was there for Chris' wisdom teeth getting out. (See previous comment. hehe) You'll sleep a whole lot! And then you get milkshakes - thats a nice bonus. :)