BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Road to the Baby Boo...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dining With The Enemy... (Caution...it's a long one)

For the protection of the innocent, and not so innocent, the name of the antagonist in the following story has been changed....


So.... the beginning of this story occurs almost 7 years ago when my lovely wife and I first started dating.  B had a good friend (only friends, never dated) that she used to share an apartment with when she was in college in New Orleans, we'll call this friend Ursula.  Well, B and I had been dating for about 2 months here in NC, and our relationship was moving quickly from "just dating" to "in love", when her friend Ursula came into town to visit B for a few days.  So I told B that I would come over to her side of town we could all go to dinner and I could get to know her friend.  Well, I arrived at the restaurant and greeted Ursula with a smile, which was returned with a very fake, "I wish you weren't here" smile, so I was thrown completely off guard right from the start.  I attempted to make the most of the evening and make conversation with her, but it was very obvious that she had no intention of getting to know me.  I thought that maybe we could become friends in the next few days that she was visiting -- it was important to me because Ursula was important to B!  


Anywho... B asked me if I wanted to go out with her, Ursula, and a few other friends to a local gay club on Saturday night.  We got to the club, Ursula still not engaging in conversation with me, and we started drinking.  As the night wore on and the beers and mixed drinks emptied, Ursula was getting more and more inappropriate with B.  It started with a few little comments here and there and then began to progress... After a few hours of dancing we took a break and were all standing to the side of the dance floor.  All of a sudden a song came on and Ursula dragged B to the dance floor, leaving me standing to the side with one of our gay guy friends.  I didn't think anything of it....at first.  Then I looked up to see Ursula grinding on B, whispering shit in her ear, basically molesting her on the dance floor.  Our gay guy friend asked me if I was going to say anything or get a crowbar to pry Ursula off my girlfriend, but I kind of felt like if that's the kind of hideous beast B was interested in, let her have her!  HA!  The song finally ended, Ursula shot me a couple more dirty looks just for good measure and we all headed home.  We spent the night at some guy friends house, me and B in one room, with Ursula in the other which I'm sure really pissed her off.  The next morning Ursula was hung over (imagine that), but she was still unfriendly and now I was just really starting to hate her.  She was so disrespectful to me and embarrassed both B and me the night before!  


About a month after Ursula's visit, B and I separated for a few months due to the fact that I was an idiot, and during that time B visited New Orleans on two occasions.  Both times Ursula made a point to tell B that we weren't right for each other, I wasn't good enough for her, blah blah blah.... And even when we got back together and started living together Ursula was still singing the same old song.  So I said "enough is enough" and B decided that Ursula just didn't really have a place in her/our life anymore.  Their friendship fizzled out and as a result we haven't had any contact with her for about 5 years....  Until now.... it seems that a job transfer has brought her to town and as a result she wants to rekindle a friendship.  Yay!  (insert sarcasm).  


I know that people change over time, and especially between the ages of mid-20's and 30, but I just feel like everyone has a "core" person that they are, and I always felt such negative energy around her.  She's the kind of lesbian that attracts drama and conflict, and I am SOOOO not into that and we have no room in our lives for that.  But...I promised B that we could have a dinner with her, see if she's changed, and evaluate if we want to build a friendship with her, or kick her ugly ass to the curb (oops, was that harsh??)...lol.  So, that's where we're at!  Tonight is allegedly "The Dinner" and B has been very clear with her that we're not into drama and if she's still a tragedy magnet, we're not interested.  So, we'll see what happens....it's 5 PM and she still has not returned B's texts, so maybe I'll be off the hook afterall... :) 

0 comments: