BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Road to the Baby Boo...

 BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 3 Results Are In! Secret Decoder Ring Needed!

Ok...so since I'm new to this, and apparently the weekend staff at the RE clinic is nowhere near as helpful as the weekday staff, I have no idea if my results are good, bad, or indifferent! So...I'm hoping one of my faithful readers can help de-mystify the results for me!

My Day 3 labs showed:

FSH: 7.23
LH: 11.3
Estrogen: 89.6 (thinking estrogen may be slightly elevated due to the fact that I took an "active" BCP on Thursday night and AF started on Friday. I had only taken 14 of the 24 "active" BCP's when AF arrived unexpectedly. Wondering if I have excess estrogen in my system leftover from the BCP's.)


Ultrasound showed:

Stripe: 4
Ovaries: Hurried, slightly rude doctor dude said "5, less than 15 - on both sides"

I'm guessing everything must have been normal, because they're letting me start 5 days of 100 mg Clomid, but I have no clue if these numbers are positive or just average or what!

Any help from Blogland would be appreciated!! Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!! :)

2 comments:

Carey said...

Ok I dont know much about the FSH, LH, and Estrogen numbers..they never gave me those, but the stripe and 5 under 15 seem pretty normal. Stripe is the lining of the uterus and the number goes up during the cycle as it thickens I think. 5 less than 15 means that you have 5 follicles less 15 (size). They usually want you to trigger when they are about 18-20. The number of follicles will change and usually get smaller because all of them wont mature. Hope this helps a little bit :) Have fun with the clomid!

AWJ said...

Wow I have no idea what ANY of that means but I know I'll be going through this process someday.. so I'll gladly learn with you, lol.

Lovin' your blog :D